Video files can quickly be very large. Follow the steps below, which includes automatic conversion if you are using a different input video file format.
Compress files using HandBrake
- Install the open source video encoder HandBrake - Download here
- Add your video file you want to compress
- Select from the Preset > Web > Vimeo YouTube 720p30
- Switch to the Audio tab and select Mono
- In the Save As, add to the existing file name -small to indicate compression. Use the Browse button to set the folder where you want HandBrake to save your compressed video file.
- Press the Start button on the top
- Once HandBrake has completed processing, you can use the smaller file on your computer for video submission.