In order to receive and fully load apps and content updates, you will need sufficient storage space. Very large events may require more than 1GB of free space. For example, one recent event with over 25,000 full-text abstracts plus a large number of floor plans requires about 2GB of free space.
You can use a free app to clear up storage space on your device (for example cached files). For example, you could install a memory cleaning app (always back up your device before using such apps) and follow the instructions to clean up cache (we have had good success with CleanMaster, finding and clearing several GB). This should clear up sufficient space on your device to install the conference app.
Also see this article for additional apps for iOS
IOS offers several options to easily free up storage:
- Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Offload Unused Apps
- Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Empty "Recently Deleted" Album > Delete from this iPhone
If you have a Google account, you can use the free Google Photos to backup all your photos and videos and clear the Gallery storage on the device:
- Google Photos > Menu > Settings > Back up & sync > Turn ON and sync all content
- Google Photos > Menu > Free up Space
On Android devices, you may have internal and external storage (SD card). You'll need to check if the app is installed on the internal or the external memory and ensure you have sufficient required space on that particular storage.
- Open the Applications tab and tap Settings.
- Tap SD Card / phone storage (some devices may say "Device Maintenance" to display the available space for both the SD card and the internal phone storage).
- If you are unable to download an individual event into a general events app, find out where the app is installed: Applications > Settings > Applications > select the app you installed. Ensure you have sufficient free space on that storage. Some devices allow you to move an app from internal to external/SD card storage.
On Samsung devices, free up storage easily: Applications > Settings > Device Maintenance > Storage > Clean Now
Google instructions on setting up SD card storage and moving apps.