The EventPilot Session Status / (9.1.0) Attendance Scanning Widget can display a small amount of information in the session detail view with an additional link for user actions utilizing a custom script per implementation (either by integration vendor using EventPilot API or by ATIV using their API) or for organizers/staff to utilize attendance scanning.
- Must use External Authentication or SSO login
- Users must be logged into the app to see the message (otherwise, they will see a "Log in for session status info" message that clicks through to login page)
- Must have internet access (widget won’t show without internet)
- For Attendance Scanning (9.1.0 feature), organizer must provide:
- Badge examples(QR codes)
- User Types to differentiate staff user (person scanning) from attendees (those being scanned) or specific staff usernames
- An attendee is logged into the app and viewing a session for CE credit, but has not yet claimed the credit on an external site can tap on the message to take action:
Before claiming credit: After visiting external webpage to claim credit
& returning to session:
- An attendee is logged into the app, but is not registered for a particular session shows a status message indicating they can tap on the message to take action (register for the session):
- Note: the widget checks for “https://“ to assume a valid link in order to give the status message action to an external site, noted by the line around the text (button).
- 9.1.0 Feature: An organizer logs into the app and is granted the ability to launch a badge scanner from within the session detail view in order to track attendance for that particular session.
Only 1 "status" message per implementation, that may change depending on actions taken by the user, but there cannot be multiple messages/widgets shown at same time. Recommended character limit of this status message is 35 characters.
- No push notifications are available based on the widget; rather the widget only available and displayed via session detail view and if internet connection (and potentially other criteria such as being logged in)
Attendance Scanning (9.1.0 Feature):
- A report is available for organizers to download from the CMS Usage Reports page showing all scans by session ID. Only the unique badge ID, Last Name & First Name are collected from the badge. Example below: