After you have announced your program planner or app to your attendees, you need to update your content. We have built a safe environment for you where you can see your data changes before pushing them live to all your attendees. This is called a "Proof" and you always first publish your changes to proof before publishing live.
- Update data on your end via data source e.g. manual entry, ggl sheet, csv file, etc.
- If you updated in CTI, you will need to have CTI regenerate the data they make available for the app, unless they have given you a way through their system to generate that yourself
- Import the changes into the CMS (you can hit the Import All Soruces button from your CMS Home screen)
- Click on the Publish Menu located at the top right of your CMS screen
- Click Publish Proof Data which will run a check for all your data and display if there are critical errors for you to fix. You can now double check your changes in the Proof version of your Planner
- Test your changes in the proof Planner:
- CMS > Distribution > Testing Links > Planner Proof
- Click on the link to access the proof Planner
- Test your changes in the native app (only available if you have purchased a branded app)
- Install the proof version of your app (CMS > Distribution > Testing Links > Proof) and test the proof data in your native app before pushing the content live.
- To publish your content live for all your attendees to see, in the CMS, click on the Publish Menu on the top right and select Publish Live Data
- Test your changes in the Live Planner
- CMS > Distribution > Attendee Links > Desktop Planner Link
- Click on the link to access the live Planner
- Test your changes in the live app
- Install the native app from the store (if you have the proof version on your device, you can skip this step or use a different mobile device where you install the live version of the app)
- Open the app to the home screen, wait for the data update on the top and press the button to apply the new data
Note: Each time you click on the Publish Proof/Live Data links in the CMS, you'll see the numbers next to the publish links increase to let you know what data version you are on (this is called the 'manifest').
If you're unsure if the data in the CMS matches the data in the native app, try the following:
- In the CMS > Click the Publish Menu and note the numbers in parenthesis
- Open the native app > More > About EventPilot > and look for the number next to the word Manifest. If the CMS displayed a higher number, go the home screen of the app and wait for the data update.
- For the web based versions (web app), simply refresh your browser to show the latest data after you published from the CMS.