When creating custom alerts, the start and end times are set in accordance with the project's time zone, which is the local time at the event's venue. For example, if your event is going to be in Los Angeles, your project is set to Pacific Time. If you are in Florida and you are testing the proof version at 10am in your office on the East Coast, you would need to set the alert to start at 7am Pacific Time.
To test your notifications, do the following:
- Check the current time at your event location (the timezone your app is set to) http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
- Create a new alert 15 min from now at the local time
- Publish your alerts to proof
- Open the app and wait 30 seconds to 1 minute to ensure the app loads the new alert data
- Put the app in the background