Before using the free BadgeScanner feature, ensure that the QR codes you print on your badges match one of the supported formats.
Using the BadgeScanner within your EventPilot app
- Log in to the Conference App Builder
- Select the project where you wish to turn on the BadgeScanner
- In the left menu, select Design > Tab Layouts
- Toggle the tab Contacts to ON
Test the scanner with your badge
- In the native app, open your event and wait on the Home Screen until you see the new data banner. Apply the data publish.
- In the bottom navigation, select MORE > Contacts
- Select the menu on the top right and tap Scan Contact Code and scan your badge. If you receive an error, your QR code does not match the required format.
Using the standalone BadgeScanner app
- You or your exhibitors can install the free BadgeScanner Lead Retrieval app from the app stores
- Select Scan and scan your badge. If you receive an error, your QR code does not match the required format.
How do I back up my scanned leads?
In order to back up any scanned leads in the cloud or sync across different devices, you must be logged in. Once logged in and when internet access is available, the scanned leads automatically back up via the EventPilot cloud (Note: content does not back up to iCloud, you must log in to back up the scanned leads)
How do I export my leads?
Once you have scanned some leads:
- Go to the contact list (in the EventPilot apps, the Contacts tab)
- Select the Menu on the top right
- Select Export Contacts and follow the prompts to enter your email address
- The CSV file with your scanned contact data is sent as an attachment to the email address you entered.